Saturday, July 23, 2011

Highe Performance Sports Nutrition - A Recap

Two summers ago I had the wonderful opportunity of interning at Boston College in the Olympic Departments Strength and Conditioning center. One of the best learning experiences of my life. But this isn't about those experiences. This is about what I did in my free time. I was currently a graduate student at Springfield College and one of my requirements for the successful completion of the program was to perform 500 hours of off-campus internship hours. One hundred of those hours was at Boston College (even though I actually got about 500 at BC itself, not including the other internships I did). Well, BC's summer training schedule in the Olympic sports department was only four days per week and only 7 am until about 1:30 pm. That left me with a ton of spare time that I don't normally get. Pair that with the fact that I was living in Lowell Mass without any friends to distract me, I spent my free time reading and catching myself up on the nutritional knowledge that I so severely lacked up until that summer.

The following article that I will give you access to is the culmination of all of that reading and writing I did that summer. The article is a composite of research, text book, and non-professional literature that I read and compiled over the summer. Most of what is included in this article is considered nutritional fact, but as most of us know, nothing in the nutritional world is a true FACT all the time. So, take what is included in the article and use it to your best advantage. It would also be great if you would let me know what you get out of it and if you have any information that you think would be of value to me and my knowledge base. At this point in my young professional career, something I learned really early on, is that no matter what I think I know, there is always someone else out there with more, or better information. So, please, feel free to give me what you have!

I hope that you may benefit from the knowledge included and that it may bring you back to my blog for future reading endeavors.

Here is a link where you can access this article for free.
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B6NpasjkCYzvM2M3NWIyZmItOWFhMi00N2NmLTkyMTEtZDc3Y2ViYzZjMjhh&hl=en_US

Cheers!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment